- Using the software
- Installing the software
- Alternatives for unsupported models
This software is able to log data from a condensation particle counter, and to control a few options.v0.2.0 and above can handle the following models :
- TSI 3010
- TSI 3025
- TSI 3772
Using the software¶
- Hover the mouse over an element, and a help balloon will pop up. If the text in the balloon ends with "...", you can get more help with the "What's this ?" tool.
- To activate the "What's this ?" tool, click the '?' in the window's title bar. Then, click the GUI element to display the "What's this ?" help.
Checking the CPC status¶
Please, make sure that :
- The concentration plot upgrades every second.
- All LEDs in the status pane are lit.
The details pane is hidden by default, in order to accommodate small monitors. Click the tool bar icon to view/hide it. The details pane is different for every CPC model.
The Measurements and Parameters tabs display instant values. The Status tab displays status flags in the form of LED like indicators. If the instrument is operating normally, all lights should be lit (light green), except maybe the Communication LED.
Configuring the program with (options dialog)¶
Setting the port name¶
The format of the port name depends on the platform. On Windows, it is
COM2, etc. On Linux, it is
/dev/ttyS1, etc. for a real serial ports, or
/dev/ttyUSB1, etc. for USB emulated serial ports.
Selecting the CPC model¶
Use the drop-down list to change the CPC model. It might be necessary to stop/start the program, so that it fully takes the change into account.
Saving the data¶To save the data, check Save data to disk and set the options bellow :
- Data path : where data should be saved (mandatory).
- Meta data : a short note about the experiment (optional). Written in the file header.
- Station code : a unique 3-character code for the sampling station (optional).
- Data type : depends on what you are presently doing (mandatory). Air measurements, tests, etc. This option is used to separate the data and write them to different files.
- Period : how often do we save the data. At a climate monitoring station, 300 s (5 min) is a typical value. Data sampled during this period are averaged before being saved to disk.
If data saving is enabled, the icon on the right-hand side of the status bar is coloured (not greyed out), and its tool tip displays the current file name when you hover the mouse over it.
Installing the software¶
Dependencies¶At run time, the program needs the following libraries :
It also needs qextserialport, but only at compile time.
Click the Fichiers (files) tab. It shows a list of files that can be downloaded by clicking the link and selecting save the file. If you hover the mouse pointer over the link, a tip will show up, that shortly describes the file.You need two files :
- the program :
x.x.xis the program version,
q.q.qis Qt's version and
w.w.wis Qwt version.
- the DLL's :
dll_Qtq.q.q_Qwtw.w.w.7z. Make sure the versions match the version in the program archive name.
Extract these two files to the same directory with 7-Zip and run the executable.
not written yet
Alternatives for unsupported models¶
The TSI 3007 handheld CPC has an internal memory, and needs TSI's Aerosol Instrument Manager software.